At a glance:
Location: Clinton County, NY
Size: 100.5 MW
With its excellent wind resources, the town of Clinton is an ideal location for a windpark. Noble Environmental Power has constructed a 100.5 megawatt (MW) windpark using 67 GE 1.5 MW turbines. Together, the Noble Clinton Windpark and its neighboring Noble Ellenburg Windpark, represent a $360 million investment in clean, renewable energy that will bring an estimated $231 million in new revenue to the Clinton and Ellenburg economies over the next 20 years.
The Noble Clinton Windpark provides the following economic benefits to the community of Clinton, Clinton County, and the Northern Adirondack schools:
- The Noble Clinton Windpark created hundreds of jobs during construction, and several long-term, well-paying jobs when it became operational.
- Noble has kept its commitment to hiring qualified residents from the local and regional New York community.
About Wind Energy
- Wind energy is 100% clean and renewable. Unlike fossil fuel power plants, wind energy creates no pollution — no acid rain, no smog, and no mercury, which is a harmful toxin, particularly to women and children.
- The Noble Clinton Windpark creates enough clean energy to provide the annual electricity needs of approximately 33,500 homes.
- To make that much energy from coal, over 20 years, you would have to burn 2.28 million tons of coal – it would take a train 259 miles long to hold that much coal!
- The Noble Clinton Windpark pays an estimated $612,000 per year in tax and town benefit payments to the town of Clinton, Clinton County, and Northern Adirondack Schools.
- Lease payments to participating landowners also provide a significant source of income to the local community.
- Over 20 years, the Noble Clinton Windpark will create an estimated $79,600,000 in local economic benefits.