At a glance:
Wyoming County, NY
Size: 126 MW
With its excellent wind resources, the town of Wethersfield is an ideal location for a windpark.
This 126 megawatt (MW) windpark employs 84 GE 1.5 MW turbines. Over the next 20 years, the Noble Wethersfield Windpark will bring an estimated $77.5 million to the local economy.
The Noble Wethersfield Windpark provides the following economic benefits to the community of Wethersfield, Wyoming County, and its schools:
- The Noble Wethersfield Windpark created hundreds of jobs during the construction phase and several long-term, well-paying jobs when it became operational.
- Noble is committed to hiring qualified residents from the local and regional New York community.
About Wind Energy
- Wind energy is 100% clean and renewable. Unlike fossil fuel power plants, wind energy creates no pollution — no acid rain, no smog, and no mercury, which is a harmful toxin, particularly to women and children.
- The Noble Wethersfield Windpark creates enough clean energy to provide the annual electricity needs of approximately 42,000 homes.
- To make that much energy from coal, over 20 years, you would have to burn 2.8 million tons of coal – it would take a train 325 miles long to hold that much coal!
- PILOT payments from the Noble Wethersfield Windpark provide new income to the town of Wethersfield, Wyoming County, and its schools.
- Lease payments to participating landowners also provide a significant source of income to the local community.
- Over 20 years, the Noble Wethersfield Windpark will create an estimated $77.5 million in local economic benefits.