At a glance:
Location: Bliss, Eagle – Wyoming County, NY
Size: 100.5 MW
With their excellent wind resources, the communities of Bliss and Eagle are ideal locations for a windpark. Noble Environmental Power has constructed a 100.5 megawatt (MW) windpark using 67 GE 1.5 MW turbines.
The Noble Bliss Windpark represents a $200 million investment in clean, renewable energy that will bring an estimated $121 million in new revenue to the Western New York economy over the next 20 years. The Noble Bliss Windpark provides the following economic benefits to the communities of Bliss and Eagle:
- The Noble Bliss Windpark created hundreds of jobs during construction, and several long-term, well-paying jobs when it became operational.
- Noble has kept its commitment to hiring qualified residents from the local and regional New York community.
About Wind Energy
- Wind energy is 100% clean and renewable. Unlike fossil fuel power plants, wind energy creates no pollution — no acid rain, no smog, and no mercury, which is a harmful toxin, particularly to women and children.
- The Noble Bliss Windpark creates enough clean energy to provide the annual electricity needs of approximately 33,500 homes.
- To make that much energy from coal, over 20 years, you would have to burn 2.28 million tons of coal – it would take a train 259 miles long to hold that much coal!
- The Noble Bliss Windpark pays Host Community Agreement and PILOT payments to the town of Eagle, Wyoming County, and the Pioneer and Letchworth School Districts.
- Lease payments to participating landowners also provide a significant source of income to the local community.
- Over 20 years, the Noble Bliss Windpark will create an estimated $121 million in local economic benefits.