Supervisor: VP, Engineering & Process Improvement
Location: Churubusco, NY
To apply please click the following link: Systems Administrator Application
- Analyzes and implements improved and advanced technological solutions.
- Performs system administration activities on all computer systems.
- Maintains and improves external network connection and service.
- Installs and updates operating system and third-party software.
- Sets up new user accounts; closes out old user accounts; ensures system security via passwords and other methods.
- Performs preventative maintenance procedures; performs system troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems.
- Installs, upgrades, and configures system files and services.
- Performs software backups and maintains archive of source codes.
- Supports all personnel as they use system procedures.
- Configures and maintains computer-related hardware.
- Researches and evaluates new hardware and software; recommends budgets and coordinates equipment purchases.
- Analyzes system usage; investigates opportunities for performance improvement.
- Assists with building, installing, deploying, and upgrading system hardware and software components as required.
- Assists with training and problem solving as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
|Essential Functions and Requirements:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent.
- Four to six years related experience or equivalent.
- Must possess working knowledge of and direct experience with Windows operating system and server interoperability issues.
- Must be committed to learning new skills with the changing IT landscape.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to balance shifting priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to work independently and as an innovative team player.
- Proficiency with certain programs such as: SQL, OsiSoft PI, Sonicwall Firewalls, GE WindScada, Bachmann PLC, is a plus.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Must be able to deal with a diversity of individuals from all levels of the organization in a friendly and constructive demeanor.
- Occasionally required to lift items up to 50 pounds.
- Continually required to sit and utilize keyboard functions.
- Continually required to talk and hear.
- Must have an unrestricted driver’s license.
- Must be willing to travel to other Noble Power locations on an as need basis.
- Problem Solving–Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills–Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork–Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Professionalism–Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Dependability–Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative & Innovation–Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed. Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas